The Appraisal Assistant will work in conjunction with the Loan / Credit Coordinator in fulfilling the bank-wide real estate appraisal needs. In particular, this position functions (in close association with the Loan / Credit Coordinator) as the central point for the bank’s appraisal ordering process. In particular, this involves ordering, collecting invoices, paying appraiser invoices, monitoring the progress of in-process appraisals, seeking out new or purging existing appraisers for the bank’s authorized appraiser list, and ensuring efficient and timely delivery of final appraisals for the bank’s mortgage and commercial real estate loan products.
Various other duties as assigned by the Chief Credit Officer or Deputy Chief Credit Officer.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assists the Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs), Loan Officers, Credit Analysts, and other bank personnel in ordering appraisals for the bank’s mortgage and commercial real estate products
- Assists in preparing confidential correspondence, reports, memos as needed
- Maintains the Appraisal Values Database including inputting current appraisal information
- Responds to routine inquiries and service requests from MLOs, Loan Officers, Credit Analysts, and other bank personnel
- Various other duties as assigned by the Chief Credit Officer or Deputy Chief Credit Officer
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Acts as the primary back-up for the Credit / Loan Coordinator in the event the Credit / Loan Coordinator is absent, is temporarily away from work, or leaves the position.
- Participate in appropriate bank events, activities, and community associations to promote the bank’s positive reputation in the markets it serves.
Other duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates degrees in a business field is a plus.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a contributing staff member in an office-oriented environment or senior administrative assistant preferred. Experience with banking operations and commercial/consumer loans a plus. Must have proven computer skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, especially Word and Excel. Must be familiar with standard office equipment such as; personal computers, scanning machines, adding machine, copy machine and fax.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously, often with very tight time deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and solve problems in a timely manner
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and orally, with employees, management and co-workers
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled. May, also on occasion, have the need to travel, generally no more than one or two overnight trips.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a weekly basis, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Please email or mail all applications to:Park State Bank
PO BOX 377
572 5th Ave
Calumet, MN 55716