Business Banking Associate
Performs a full range of banking services, with emphasis on Business Clients. Meets with clients to discuss needs and identify/recommend solutions to identified needs. Opens, closes, and services business deposit accounts as well as all Treasury Management offerings. Assists business bankers and business clients with account needs and provides customer service. Must acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to help clients onboard to their products/services. Respond quickly and accurately to escalated requests and issues generated by customer. Willingly rotates between locations, as needed.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Processes customer transactions; processes loan payments; issues money orders, and cashier’s checks.
- Performs all activities related to the opening or closing of various types of time and demand deposit accounts, including certificates of deposits, NOW accounts, checking accounts, and savings products. Perform a wide range of services including, servicing and maintenance for, debit cards, CDs, HSAs, IRAs, safe deposit boxes, including address changes, stop payments, transfers, and processes check orders.
- Provides support to aid new client acquisition, acting as a liaison between the sales process and the onboarding process. Working with the Business Bankers, provides key support by maintaining a client focus with an awareness and understanding of implementing products and services. This role supports sales and operational activities, facilitates client onboarding of Business Clients including Treasury Management, along with assisting Business Bankers with ongoing client relationship management activities. Solves basic to intermediate Treasury Management related problems and delegate more complex issues to the appropriate channel.
- Initiate wire transfers. Ensures applicable regulations, disclosures, policies, and procedures are followed and is trained on depository compliance regulations.
- Provides quality, personalized service to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. Interacts with clients to identify their needs. Cross sells and/or refers Bank products and services to clients. Develops new client relationships from referrals and makes referrals to Business Bankers, Retail Bankers, and Mortgage Bankers, as appropriate.
- Provides outstanding customer service for all types of customer inquiries and transactions. Includes accurate, professional, efficient service to all customers.
- High school diploma plus additional bank-related training and/or deposit accounts training
- Additional education preferred
- 2-3 years related retail or business banking experience
Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited chance for personal injury. Prolonged and frequent mental and visual concentration required. Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple priorities within established deadlines. Work hours are generally during normal business hours. Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the needs of customers and employees. Occasional travel between offices and out-of-town/overnight business travel required. Must be able to lift and move up to 20 pounds of office supplies and equipment. Some bending, turning, and twisting required. Serves as a representative of the Bank at appropriate functions.
This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change.
PLEASE EMAIL OR MAIL ALL APPLICATIONS TO:Park State Bank
PO BOX 377
572 5th Ave
Calumet, MN 55716