Underwrite credit requests for new or existing commercial or individual customers and review current credit limits and financial performance of new or existing commercial or individual customers. This person will have direct contact with internal and external bank customers and take ownership and accountability with the assigned loan officer for the overall credit file maintenance.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage and develop customer relationships with assigned portfolios while providing routine monitoring of their financial performance to plan expectations. Notify management of any significant deterioration in customer credit profile.
- Conduct periodic financial statement analysis and performance reviews of Commercial or Individual customers, including spreading financial statements, assisting the loan officer with assigning a credit risk rating, and documenting the analysis for presenting to credit committee or other credit approvers.
- Provide routine surveillance in conjunction with the assigned loan officer of existing accounts including compliance with loan agreement covenants, borrowing base certificates, maintenance of collateral coverage, and conduct lien searches.
- Propose and discuss adequate risk mitigation solutions with management to reduce, transfer, or cover credit risk.
- Actively partner with other bank personnel in determining solutions that meet existing or prospective customer needs. Provide support and assistance of other credit colleagues when needed. Actively participate in internal credit or strategy discussions as well as in-person meetings with existing or prospective customers.
- Assist the assigned loan officer in actively monitoring prudent loan administration oversight.
- Assist the assigned loan officer in maintaining accurate and current customer credit files.
- Actively participate in projects that may arise with the Credit Administration Department.
Education & Experience:
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance.
Two or more years’ experience in Commercial credit analysis preferred. Strong understanding of financial statement analysis (accounting principles, GAAP, income tax returns, etc.) and familiarity with contracts and credit / loan documentation. Proficient computer skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook. Must have a clear sense and ability of when and why to escalate conflicts, concerns, and issues. Must possess excellent writing skills to effectively and efficiently portray financial analysis into written narrative.
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled. May, also on occasion, have the need to travel, generally no more than one or two overnight trips.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a weekly basis, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
PLEASE EMAIL OR MAIL ALL APPLICATIONS TO:Park State Bank
PO BOX 377
572 5th Ave
Calumet, MN 55716