DEPOSIT COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Compliance and Risk Department in implementing and maintaining a comprehensive, effective, and exemplary deposit compliance program for Park State Bank. The primary focus of this position is auditing all facets of the Bank’s deposit products and services to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations, to assess error patterns, and work with Chief Compliance Officer on systems to improve future audit results. This position will also perform or assist in other compliance duties as required, especially in the area of CRA reporting, the Bank Secrecy Act, and Internal Audit.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Deposit Products Audits
- Works with Chief Compliance Officer to develop an annual audit schedule that covers all applicable deposit products.
- Responsible for taking the lead for the Compliance and Risk Department to conduct regular and periodic audits of all deposit and e-products, including but not limited to APY accuracy, fees, advertising and marketing, websites, gift/reloadable card products, DocuSign and Regulation E and any overdraft programs.
- Works with Internal Audit on remote deposit, ACH, and cash management audits, when needed.
- Works with Teller Supervisors to conduct or conducts audits on Regulation CC as well as any teller/cash/vault audits.
- Follows-up with audit conference calls or face-to-face meetings to ensure all corrections are made and all questions are answered to increase understanding of the regulations and to decrease future errors.
Deposit Platform Compliance Resource Expert
- Serves as a resource for the Compliance and Risk Department and appropriate employees on deposit platform systems to answer compliance questions and resolve compliance issues.
- Knows deposit platform enough to build deposit products and disclosures.
- Tests disclosures on all deposit products to ensure systems and disclosures match.
- Checks website, marketing materials, and deposit platforms for consistency and accuracy.
Deposit Specialist Duties
- Ensures all lobby and ATM signage is up-to-date.
- Determines that new account documentation is adequate and in compliance with regulatory compliance.
- Researches and completes special projects assigned by Chief Compliance Officer or other senior manager.
- Responsible to assist in preparing for state and federal exams and third party audits.
Compliance Resource, Training, Compliance Hotline
- Answers employee questions in a timely manner received from the Compliance Hotline.
- Helps to design and implement deposit compliance training programs for bank employees on new regulations and reduce errors.
- Coordinates and manages periodic meetings with frontline staff working in the deposit area as well as Operations to share information and resources.
- Designated back-up for the Compliance Associate for CRA reporting and training.
- Assists BSA Coordinator with overall BSA program when needed.
- Acts as back-up for BSA Coordinator and/or BSA Associate for CTR and SAR filings.
A high school diploma is required. A 2 or 4 year degree or other formal compliance training is strongly desired. Must have good listening and excellent writing skills and computer skills. At the appropriate time determined by supervisor, may obtain compliance certification via an approved organization.
Exceptional communication skills (written and oral) are required. General banking knowledge is required. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word is required. Previous lending experience is preferred. Knowledge of Excel is a strong plus. Experience with conducting training is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency and experience in application of internal auditing theory, standards, procedures, controls and techniques, and in accounting principles and techniques.
- Good understanding of human relations and the ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with auditees.
- One or two years of progressively more responsible work experience in a financial institution preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and understanding of debits and credits and how they go through the system.
- Basic computer skills as well as knowledge of all office machinery.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to define and solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple demands in a timely manner.
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a regular basis, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
PLEASE EMAIL OR MAIL ALL APPLICATIONS TO:Park State Bank
PO BOX 377
572 5th Ave
Calumet, MN 55716