Document Imaging Processor Intern
The Document Imaging Processor is responsible for scanning legal account documents into the document imaging system. The Processor must ensure integrity of the file by verifying legal documents are clearly scanned with legible signatures as the electronic file becomes the legal document for the Bank. This position requires the person to work closely with the Document Imaging Lead, Deposit Operations, Loan Operations, SVP Operations and other staff as applicable.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Scan and index documents into proper cabinet and document type location within the correct customer file.
- Scan, index and verify documents for critical business processes, including; prepare documents for scanning, index to correct location, analyze scanned documents for clarity and accuracy.
- Ensure completeness of files; researches missing documents, removes non-essential material, prepares and organizes documents to conform to quality control standards.
- Become knowledgeable about the document imaging system and documents contained within it, understand the filing structure.
- Work closely with Operations / Lending Staff / Deposit Staff and end users.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
A minimum of 2 years banking experience in system admin or loan role. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook.
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.