Document Imaging Processor/Teller
This position is a hybrid role performing document imaging and teller duties as needed. The Document Imaging Processor is responsible for scanning legal account documents into the document imaging system. Processes customer transactions; accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; processes loan payments; cashes checks and savings withdrawals. Issues money orders, cashiers’ checks, and savings bonds. The Imaging Processor must ensure integrity of the file by verifying legal documents are clearly scanned with legible signatures as the electronic file becomes the legal document for the Bank. Teller duties could be at locations within the market assigned.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Scan, index and verify documents for critical business processes, including; prepare documents for scanning, index to correct location, analyze scanned documents for clarity and accuracy.
- Functions as Teller, receiving and processing Teller transactions accurately and timely. Follows Bank policies and procedures when performing transactions on teller machine and other required equipment. Verifies and balances assigned cash drawer daily with minimal cash variances. Assists in reconciling errors or discrepancies for self and others. Maintains adequate cash and/or cash drawer limits as required by Bank policy. Trial balancing is required twice a day.
- A Teller provides outstanding customer service for all types of customer inquiries and transactions. Includes accurate, professional, efficient service to all customers.
- Ensure completeness of files; researches missing documents, removes non-essential material, prepares and organizes documents to conform to quality control standards.
- Become knowledgeable about the document imaging system and documents contained within it, understand the filing structure.
- Work closely with Operations / Lending Staff / Deposit Staff and end users.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Perform quality work within determined timeframes.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, vendors and shareholders.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees, departments, divisions, etc.
- Work on additional tasks, assignments and projects as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Diploma or GED required
A minimum of 2 years banking experience in system admin or loan role. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and solve problems in a timely manner
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and orally, with employees, management and co-workers
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.