Head of Deposit Services
CORE VALUES: Park State Bank’s Core values are GROWTH, TEAMWORK, RESPONSIVE, TRANSPARENT, and INNOVATIVE. We endeavor to live by these values in all that we do!
MISSION: The mission of Park State Bank is to deliver exceptional client service, strategic banking solutions and a community-friendly experience.
Provides overall leadership and operational oversight for managing all aspects of the back-office banking functions including electronic payments, ACH, credit card, debit card processing and disputes, ATM, bill pay, Remote Deposit Capture, Fedline Systems, and incoming/outgoing domestic and international wires.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Oversee Park State Bank’s Retail deposit strategy; lead the identification of new products and services to enhance our delivery channels to provide strategic banking solutions.
- Know the customer needs and continually improve existing processes, policies, and procedures to ensure an excellent client experience. Ensure all changes and modifications enhance client satisfaction, comply with regulation, and provide internal process efficiency.
- Responsible for management of vendor relationships for deposit, online banking, and treasury management products. Recommend and manage product implementations. Establish, manage, and enhance relationship with core service provider and ensure optimal performance, responsiveness, and reliable solutions to identified concerns.
- Be visible throughout the Park State Bank and in the communities we serve, by projecting high standards in quality and client service.
- As a leader, makes hiring decisions, completes regular reviews of employee performance, coaches employees to excel by providing supports and guidance.
- Leads, guides, organizes, and delegates tasks while keeping all audit controls in place.
- Client Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Team Player
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Five to seven years of related bank management or retail management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must possess management and leadership abilities including planning and goal setting along with good organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have a strong sales and coaching orientation.
- Comprehensive management skills to lead and motivate direct and indirect reports
- Strong communication skills
- Client service focused
- Maintain confidentiality of client information
- Resourceful, well organized and ability to manage distractions
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills sufficient to select or modify approaches and determine an appropriate course
- Strong administrative skills to effectively manage multiple priorities and initiatives, while also
managing resources in bringing plans and goals to fruition.
- Strong general banking experience and knowledge to include banking regulation, and specifically,
security and compliance regulations.
- Extensive familiarity and knowledge of retail banking products, services, policies, and procedures
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a weekly basis, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.