Lead Mortgage Loan Processor
Primarily responsible for assisting processors, lenders, and underwriters with loan documentation and the maintenance of loan files. Performs technical functions related to the preparation of all loan files. Working closing with loan originators, processors, and outside sources, gathers the necessary credit and property information. Evaluates the data collected and presents the requirements needed in order to obtain underwriting approval.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist with training new and existing Mortgage Processors to adhere to current policies and procedures related to the Mortgage Process.
- Assist members of the team to help resolve issues that arise including: compliance reports, fee variances, HMDA, as well as general Encompass questions.
- Reviews submitted files for accuracy and assigns them a Processor.
- Manages Processor workloads ensuring even file distribution
- Prepares accurate and complete first mortgage loan documents as per company policy and Secondary Market guidelines.
- Prepares and sends out pre-closing disclosure (CD) as well as final closing disclosure (CD)
- Orders title work and flood certifications as well as sends appraisal request to appraisal order desk per Fannie Mae’s Appraisal Independence Requirements rules & internal policy.
- Orders all required verifications per AUS findings.
- Submits mortgage loan application file for underwriting approval in a timely fashion assuring all items requested are provided.
- Follows-up on any missing or questionable documentation as per underwriter conditions and communicates loan status to involved parties.
- Executes closing actions to ensure a timely and effective closing process.
- Customer Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Team Player
A high school degree or equivalent is required. Applicant must clear GSA/LDP check.
A minimum of two years banking experience is required, loan documentation is preferred. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook, internet and standard office equipment such as typewriter, fax, printer and copy machine. Experience with Automated Underwriting Systems preferred. Experience with Loan Originating Software (Encompass) a plus.
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service focused
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information
- Resourceful, well organized and ability to multitask
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a weekly basis, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)