Loan Admin Analyst
Review all loan data input into the SilverLake (SL) system by other SL users. Verify data accuracy by reviewing customer loan agreements. To partner with loan processors, loan servicers, lenders, credit analysts, compliance, internal audit, accounting, operations, bookkeeping staff and system vendors to ensure consumer and commercial loan processing and maintenance systems are accurately, efficiently and consistently utilized.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Review new loans, loan modifications and all other field changes done to loans to ensure the loan is running accurately on SL
- Review automatic funds transfers (AFT) and Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions set up by Loan Servicing
- Work all unposted transactions for loans
- Review and ensure all transaction reversals and corrections to negative accrual loans are correct
- Review all transactions that are back-dated to a prior year for accurate IRS reporting of 1098s
- Review all participation loan payments and advances
- Review system exception reports for loans, billing and fees, and participation sold loans
- Work with SL Support to troubleshoot and solve issues
- Serve as loan maintenance system expert and maintain the loan parameters in SL, including field settings in all loan types, creating new loan types and up-dating the master rate indexes
- Read all SL Releases and share any changes with appropriate employees
- Establish SL training materials and train stakeholders as necessary
- Assist in establishing and maintaining SL loading procedures for loan servicers loading mortgage loans
- Review problem loan processing requests that have been processed
- Review force placed insurance and collateral tracking
- Assist in establishing and maintaining escrow analysis procedures
- Assist with the annual escrow analysis done in February and November
- Create and maintain internal custom loan reports as requested
- Maintain tracking logs for new loans and loan modifications to ensure all are checked
- Maintain tracking log for loan modifications where the interest has not been paid at CIT
- Maintain and log tickler follow up items
- Maintain the loan cheat sheets
- Perform mass changes as needed
- Verify bankruptcy status on the SL System
- Serve as back-up in generating and mailing loan statements, billing notices, and rate change notices
- Work on system clean-up projects as needed
- A high school diploma or GED is required. A 2- or 4- year accounting or business degree or other banking experience is preferred.
A minimum of 1 year banking experience and loan documentation is preferred. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook and standard office equipment such as fax, printer and copy machine.
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a weekly basis, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)