Loan Processing Manager
Manage a team of commercial and consumer loan processors while partnering with lenders, credit analysts, compliance, internal audit, accounting, operations and bookkeeping, loan servicing and document imaging staff to create commercial and consumer loan closing documentation, ensure the file is complete, compliant and conforms to Credit Policy and to load loans onto the Core system.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage a team of commercial and consumer loan processors – scheduling, motivation, employee development and ensure departmental goals are achieved.
- Provide annual performance evaluations for the team of commercial and consumer loan processors and identify training needs.
- Serve as the loan documentation system expert for commercial and consumer loan processing.
- Create and maintain commercial and consumer loan processing procedures and forms.
- Create loan closing documentation for commercial and consumer loans and Bank-held commercial and consumer real estate loans.
- Create loan modification and renewal closing documentation for commercial and consumer and Bank-held commercial and consumer real estate loans.
- Review commercial and consumer and Bank-held commercial and consumer real estate loan documentation prior to sending documents for customer signature.
- Load loans on the Core system.
- Disburse loan proceeds as requested via check, wire transfer, payoff to an existing loan or deposit to an account at the Bank.
- Perfect the Bank’s interest in collateral for Bank-held commercial, consumer and consumer real estate loans and ensure loan files are complete.
- Prepare loan files for scanning into the imaging system.
- Track and follow-up on loan and collateral tracking items
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Errors in processing of documents or loading loans inaccurately impact the customer and may cause the Bank a monetary loss and lower the confidence and trust our customers place in our company. Accuracy and timely delivery of documents are of utmost importance.
- This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of Bank loan customers. Discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Other duties may be assigned.
A high school diploma or GED is required. A 2- or 4- year Accounting or Business degree from a Community College or College / University or other banking experience is preferred. Thorough understanding of commercial and consumer loan processing, policies / regulations is required.
A minimum of 5 years banking experience and loan documentation is preferred. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook and standard office equipment such as typewriter, fax, printer and copy machine. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service focused
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information
- Resourceful, well organized and ability to multitask
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled. May, also on occasion, have the need to travel, generally no more than one or two overnight trips.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a weekly basis, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.