Loan System Specialist
The Loan System Specialist is responsible for Park State Bank’s core loan system and loan origination application (OnBoard Loans). Work with IT on system releases, trouble shooting and disaster recovery. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be able to prioritize multiple assignments, understand system structure, conduct discussions with all levels of users and vendors, possess sharp analytical/problem solving skills in order to drive Business efficiencies and compliance focused change to the system. The position will take direction from the SVP Operations and communicate system changes or change requests by other system users.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Analyze system enhancements and changes made by core vendor and share enhancements with appropriate stakeholders.
- Propose solutions and design to stakeholders for process improvement and efficiencies. Analyze impact to existing system functionality, identify and communicate risks or concerns. Ensure new requests do not impede existing functionality.
- Assist in developing and maintain efficient layout of screens.
- Write and maintain detailed documentation in an effort to provide procedures and training for departments dependent on the core loan system.
- Maintain loan system administration to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Attend/facilitate meetings in an effort to improve employee knowledge of the loan system as well as collaborate with department heads on needs of the system to improve efficiencies in their departments.
- Document decisions, coordinate and deploy changes to production when needed. Evaluate and propose solutions to users' requests to aid in defining impact and cause/effect of new and existing functionality of systems. Identify, communicate and mitigate risks with solutions.
- Participate in training users as needed to explain loan system functionality and/or complexities of the system.
- Attend or facilitate team meetings to discuss or coordinate system changes, maintenance, automated decisioning or vendor support.
- Perform loan account research for regulatory reporting projects. Assist with loan origination system field validation for data warehouse projects.
- Plan own work using resource plans to complete assignments within time lines.
- 2 or 4 year accounting or business degree
A minimum of 2 years banking experience in system admin or loan role. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and solve problems in a timely manner
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and orally, with employees, management and co-workers
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a weekly basis, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
PLEASE EMAIL OR MAIL ALL APPLICATIONS TO:Park State Bank
PO BOX 377
572 5th Ave
Calumet, MN 55716