Mortgage Loan Originator
The Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) proactively solicits new residential mortgage and sells Park State Bank mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals. Responsible for originating retail mortgage loans. May sell direct to customers or solicit customers indirectly through third parties such as builder or realtors.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending operations.
- Compiles and analyzes data for residential real estate loan requests.
- Outlines loan terms and conditions, and informs the borrowers of loan commitments.
- Screens loan requests based on financial institution policies and on types of loans offered by the institution.
- Orders credit reports, background checks, reference checks and other information as needed on residential loan applicants.
- Prepares residential loan packages, in accordance with financial institution standards.
- Makes suggestions to Manager to update or add to residential loan terms and conditions on a case-by-case basis.
- Provides reports on the status of financial institution residential loans and residential loan marketing strategies, based on current and past workloads.
- Handles inquiries from applicants and branch personnel. Resolves customer complaints.
- Responsible to become knowledgeable about and adhere to all relevant compliance regulations.
- Customer Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Team Player
Bachelor’s degree in business or finance preferred.
- One to two years of experience in a financial institution or loan office setting.
- Extensive knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written and be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Must have an overall understanding of the additional bank products to enhance cross selling ability and possess basic computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service focused
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information
- Resourceful, well organized and ability to multitask
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a weekly basis, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)
PLEASE EMAIL OR MAIL ALL APPLICATIONS TO:Park State Bank
PO BOX 377
572 5th Ave
Calumet, MN 55716