Northern Market President
The Market President is responsible to provide leadership and direction of all (Regional) banking and community-engagement activities. The President will be held accountable for management of market activities in a manner that ensures both short-term and long-term profitability of the Bank, and in alignment with the Company’s return on investment expectations to Shareholders. The Market President is expected to create a work environment that results in equitable treatment, a welcoming environment for all stakeholders and nurtures the growth & career development of employees. Community engagement for the entire (Regional) employee team is expected to be fostered as a result of the Market President’s example and direct personal community involvement in representing the Bank’s civic leadership obligations. The Market President will support implementation of all policies and decisions of the President/CEO and/or the Board of Directors for Park Financial Group.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide leadership representation for the (Region) as directed by the President & CEO of Park State Bank and the Board of Directors of Park Financial Group, Inc.
- Responsible for annual sales and business development plans in the (Region) to establish, maintain and solidify customer retention and growth of business and personal banking relationships
- Responsible for business and earnings growth (Deposits, Treasury Management, Loans, Residential Mortgage Production & Fee Income, Wealth Management, etc.) to contribute to net income goals for the Company at levels exceeding 1% ROA
- Provide direct guidance of personnel activities which affect the Bank employees, including department performance objectives to ensure solid team efforts toward the attainment of both (Regional) and Company goals
- Provide opportunities for education or other means of professional growth and advancement for Business Bankers to meet the future needs of the Bank as a whole
- Develop, model and build a sales and service culture focused on customer financial needs, and at a level consistent with the exceptional aspirational standard of the Bank
- Provide input as a member of the Leadership Team to ensure effective, ongoing strategic thinking, planning and implementation of initiatives that support the Bank’s goals and objectives
- Evaluate performance of employees to ensure that they are consistent with job grade level and salary administration disciplines defined for the Company and provide career development as identified
- Develop and maintain a profitable loan portfolio with prudent risk level oversight; expected to adhere to Bank loan policy and coordinate the efforts of lending activities for the market
- Accept and complete special assignments as directed by the President & CEO of Park State Bank and/or and the Board of Directors and other duties as assigned
- Engage regularly with members of the (Region) to ensure a return on investment in the form of ambassadorship for the Bank, business referrals and community engagement representation
- Adhere to compliance with laws concerning financial institutions
- Complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner
- Contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions and modeling the way
- Lead employees to acceptable performance ensuring they are complementary to the desired employee engagement, efficiency, development and organizational culture
- Ensure that internal and external customers receive an exceptional experience
- Complete (Regional) budget, adhere to approved budget and report as required
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; and accepts responsibility for own actions
- Perform quality work within determined timeframes
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, vendors and shareholders
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees, departments, divisions, etc.
Bachelor degree in business, economics or related field; advanced (MBA) degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of banking/lending experience with an emphasis on commercial/business lending
- Demonstrated strong credit analysis and business development skills
- 5 years of demonstrated leadership experience and/or direct supervisory experience
- Thorough understanding of the banking system, credit evaluation, community banking needs, and financial management skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously, remaining calm, precise, and professional
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team
- Able to maintain confidential information as this role will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances
- Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and solve problems in a timely manner
- Able to communicate clearly, both in writing and orally, with employees, management and co-workers
- Possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, enjoy working with the public, and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors
- Able to meet deadlines, manage distractions, and adjust priorities as necessary
- Able to take initiative and challenge existing processes and identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions
Work is in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Frequently interacts with employees, customers and vendors.
Will be required to travel to branches or customer locations within region, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)