Retail Contact Support
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Location: TBD - Flexible to any of our locations
CORE VALUES: Park State Bank’s Core values are GROWTH, TEAMWORK, RESPONSIVE, TRANSPARENT,
And INNOVATIVE. We endeavor to live by these values in all that we do!
MISSION: The mission of Park State Bank is to deliver exceptional client service, strategic banking
solutions and a community-friendly experience.
Responsible for providing outstanding customer service to clients by effectively responding to multiple client communication channels, including incoming phone calls, email, website forms and online conversations. Assists clients with account needs and provides exceptional customer service. Provides information about the consumer and mortgage loans and other bank products and services. Performs routine teller duties. Willingly rotates between locations, as needed.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Makes banking easy and delivers high performance by providing immediate response to clients and bank employees, and addresses questions and/or issues that are encountered.
- Responsible for resolving customer questions, complaints and requests via the telephone, e-mail, and online, adhering to internal policies and procedures and utilizing working knowledge of the organization’s products to meet department productivity and quality standards.
- May function as a Teller, receiving and processing Teller transactions accurately and timely. Follows Bank policies and procedures when performing transactions on teller machine and other required equipment. Verifies and balances assigned cash drawer daily with minimal cash variances. Assists in reconciling errors or discrepancies for self and others. Maintains adequate cash and/or cash drawer limits as required by Bank policy. Trial balancing is required twice a day.
- Explain, promote, and enroll customers in self-service products including Telephone Banking, Debit Cards, Online Banking, Bill Payment and Mobile Banking.
- Investigates and resolves or reports client problems. Identifies and escalates difficult client situations to the appropriate party.
- Provides quality, personalized service to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. Interacts with clients to identify their needs. Cross sells and/or refers Bank products and services to clients. Develops new client relationships from referrals and makes referrals to Commercial Bankers and Mortgage Bankers as appropriate.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Customer Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Team Player
- High school diploma plus additional bank-related training and/or retail cashier training
- Additional education preferred
- 1-3 years related retail banking experience
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. May be required to travel to other locations on a periodic basis, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)