Universal Banker III (Cook)
Performs routine teller/customer service duties. Performs a full range of retail banking services for individual customers, with emphasis on deposit, lending and fee-based services. Meets with customers to discuss needs and identify/recommend solutions to needs. Opens and closes accounts. Issues consumer loans and determines creditworthiness. Assists customers with account needs and provides customer service. Provides information about the consumer and mortgage loans and other bank products and services. Willingly rotates between locations, as needed.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Functions as Teller, receiving and processing Teller transactions accurately and timely. Follows Bank policies and procedures when performing transactions on teller machine and other required equipment. Verifies and balances assigned cash drawer daily with minimal cash variances. Assists in reconciling errors or discrepancies for self and others. Maintains adequate cash and/or cash drawer limits as required by Bank policy. A trial balance is required twice a day.
- Processes customer transactions; accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; processes loan payments; cashes checks and savings withdrawals. Issues money orders, cashiers’ checks, and savings bonds.
- Performs all activities related to the opening or closing of various types of time and demand deposit accounts, including certificates of deposits, NOW accounts, business accounts, checking accounts, and savings products. Perform a wide range of services including, servicing and maintenance for, debit cards, CDs, HSAs, IRAs, safe deposit boxes, including address changes, stop payments, transfers, and processes check orders.
- Opens night deposit vault and ensures contents are processed using dual control at all times. Responsible for ordering/ selling/verifying/balancing the vault cash. Balances ATM, replenishes cash supply and ensures ATM is working. Initiate wire transfers. Ensures applicable regulations, disclosures, policies, and procedures are followed and is trained on depository compliance regulations.
- Responsible for collecting credit applications for consumer loans and consumer credit cards. Follows Loan Policy, Compliance regulations and credit quality guidelines for approving or denying loan requests which involves collecting and analyzing financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness; and establishing and negotiating the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment methods and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Responsible for the collection of past due loans and the resolution of delinquent accounts by phone contact, court action or repossession.
- Provides quality, personalized service to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. Interacts with customers to identify their needs. Cross sells and/or refers Bank products and services to customers. Develops new client relationships from referrals and makes referrals to Commercial Bankers and Mortgage Bankers as appropriate.
- Provides outstanding customer service for all types of customer inquiries and transactions. Includes accurate, professional, efficient service to all customers.
- High school diploma plus additional bank-related training and/or retail cashier training. Additional education preferred.
- 2-3 years related retail banking experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service focused
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information
- Resourceful, well organized and ability to multitask
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May, on occasion, have to work longer hours than scheduled.
Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary. Must possess strong organizational, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management and the Bank’s vendors. Must be a self-starter who challenges existing processes and can identify and implement efficiencies and cost-saving solutions. Will have access to and knowledge of all employees’ accounts, customer information, and the bank’s finances, so the ability to keep information confidential is extremely important.
The employee will be working in an indoor office setting in a light work situation (exerting up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment. Employee frequently communicates with employees, customers and vendors. Will be required to travel to branches within region on a weekly basis, so must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to exchange accurate information both orally and written in English. Employee will be required to travel to branches located within the region.
Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Please email or mail all applications to:Park State Bank
PO BOX 377
572 5th Ave
Calumet, MN 55716