Part Time Teller
As a member of the front line staff, the teller will be expected to have adequate banking knowledge to answer basic questions for customers, direct customers to appropriate bank personnel when necessary, and accurately complete banking transactions and balancing procedures.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Handles customer account transactions which may include verifying incoming cash, accurately dispersing cash, accepting various deposits and payments, and cashing checks.
- Verifying account balances, giving out account information to customer, and printing copies of items and/or statements from customer accounts.
- Selling Cashier’s Checks/Money Orders/Travel Cards to customers as requested.
- Completing cash advance transactions, accepting credit card payments, and exchanging foreign cash.
- Answer phones and/or complete telephone transfers when customer service is not available.
- Various other duties as determined by specific branch. May include, but not limited to: operating coin counter and wrapper, branch capture, helping with customer service duties, etc.
- Responsible to become knowledgeable about and adhere to all relevant compliance regulations (as it affects your department).
- High school diploma or equivalent
Must be able to meet daily deadline of balancing within a 15 minute window of time. Must be extremely accurate. Will need to be able to handle stressful situations and function in a very fast-paced environment while remaining calm and precise. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and enjoy working with the public. Will need to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
May be asked to lift coin bags and boxes up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. May be exposed to noise of coin machine and wrapper on an ongoing basis along with exhaust from the drive-up. Incumbent does stand for most of the day while conducting their job duties. Despite ongoing security training, there is always the possibility of a bank robbery.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.